Friday, September 14, 2007

Why the heck should I care !!!!

.. Why the heck should I care !!!! ......

This question has been haunting me for a long time now . It specially resurfaces whenever , every morning I open the online version of the good old Anandabazar Patrika (or as a matter of fact any news paper of that catagory). The "News" are few .. and there are a lot of "incidents" reported. Incidents which I sometime feel, are not even worth mentioning in the most widely circulated daily of our state ! After all what good will it do to you to know that someone killed his/her son by cutting his throat ! or how it would help the public conscience, if you report the sad (brutal) end of a triangular love story !....

.. Gradually I realise that may be its the reader who wants such news. But ask me ... and I will tell you .. its not at all a good feeling to look at the darker side of my homeland , sitting 1000s of miles away!! ..
A journalist friend had once told ... "Barbarism sells .. be it in sex,love ,life or even relationships" !!!.. But I feel its too high a price they are paying for it. After all you have to trade your logical reasoning, humanity and conscience, to find spice out of the most pathetic incidents in someones' life !!

The question again comes back .. "Why the heck should I care !!!! " .... but I cant help it ... it makes me sad ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.